Friday, March 9, 2012

Can I buy a prepaid sim card in California to use with my unlocked Samsung i600 (blackjack) mobile phone?

I live in Vietnam and am traveling for a month in the US (California). I have a blackjack, Samsung i600 in Vietnam. Can I buy a prepaid sim card, so I can use it in the US without a contract? Which carrier has the best deals? What should I expect to spend? Any thoughts on high speed data access would be welcome as well. ThanksCan I buy a prepaid sim card in California to use with my unlocked Samsung i600 (blackjack) mobile phone?
Cell phone arrangements in the US are terrible. Nothing approaching the usefulness and value of getting a SIM card in VN. There are phone companies that use SIM cards, but you can't walk in and buy a card like you can in VN. When you hit the US, before leaving the airport check if you can find a cell phone rental shop and see if they will sell you a sim card - they probably won't. The best, non-contract deal I am aware of in the US is tracphone - and that is quite expensive.



If you have a month-to-month Vinaphone/Mobiphone account you should see if they have any roaming options with carriers in the US. That might be the best way to go (combined with a $30 tracphone).

No comments:

Post a Comment