Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How to buy a US prepaid sim card?

Hi,

I will be visiting US for 6 months and want to buy a sim card there. I am carrying my own unlocked smartphone and wish to use it. Is there a chance to buy only prepaid SIM card and use it in my phone?

If not, can I buy a cheap prepaid GSM phone (like from TMobile) take out the SIM and put it in my own phone?How to buy a US prepaid sim card?
Unlocked Mobile Phone support any GSM Sim card...How to buy a US prepaid sim card?
T-Mobile or ATT yes, but you need to call ahead to check compatibility. We tried this with my girlfriend's Nokia from Thailand about three years ago. Turns out GSM is not GSM as one would guess, and we could not simply put a sim in her phone, we ended up just buying a cheap prepaid phone for about 30 USD. The new wave of smartphones is more versatile so things must have changed since then.Try ATT sales stateside at 1-888-333-6651

T-Mobile is a fairly useless network in my opinion. Shop around when you are here, the smaller retailers like Virgin, Boost etc. have cheaper plans likely. Good luck.How to buy a US prepaid sim card?
Tmobile does sell sim cards so you don't have to buy a cheap GSM phone just to get the SIM card.. There is a $25 activation fee and then you pay like $100 for 400 minutes.



You just need to go to a TMobile retailer and ask to buy just a Sim card only. They will sell it to you.



I know only TMobile does this and no other carrier.
yes a lot of providers ( att, t-mobiles, virgin, etc) offer sim cards

you should also see which company your smartphone belong to

No comments:

Post a Comment