Friday, March 9, 2012

Can i put a prepaid SIM card into my iphone 3G?

My plan was disconnected in the summer sometime and i would like to keep my phone.

If i buy a prepaid AT%26amp;T SIM card, will it work in my phone?Can i put a prepaid SIM card into my iphone 3G?
Not unless the phone has been jailbroken and unlocked.Can i put a prepaid SIM card into my iphone 3G?
You will most likely get voice and maybe text but I doubt any data. I am not sure if you need to resync with iTunes since the phone knows what number should be associated with it.

Alternatively, try to jailbreak it but again, you won't get data because you have to pay for data.Can i put a prepaid SIM card into my iphone 3G?
i live in australia so my answer may not be relevent but i am prepaid, with optus, and my mum is on a plan with iphone 3g and i put my sim into her phone and it works fine.. im not sure if yours is different though
You may have to contact AT%26amp;T and get an unlock code from them first.

1 comment:

  1. Ya surely you can use any GSM prepaid sim in your iphone 3g only if it is unlocked one else if the iphone 3g is locked to some other network provider then it wont accept any other GSM sim until you unlock it ...You can easily unlock your iphone 3g through online providers like Unlocking4U.com here they are rendering remote unlocking service to unlock all model iphone from network provider .You first check that whether the service is available for your network provider then you can use it and unlock your iphone 3g then freely use it with any GSM sim ...

    ReplyDelete