Saturday, March 3, 2012

How can I get a prepaid sim for my iPhone in south Africa?

I am traveling to South Africa and want to get a prepaid sim card for my iPhone that includes data and voice. Suggestions?How can I get a prepaid sim for my iPhone in south Africa?
Presently you can collect a Free Vodacom Sim Card in the area as you exist the baggage collection area( immidiately after customs). You should have a copy of your passport number, name and hotel so that the SIM card can be instantly registered ( the new RICA law in South Africa), I suggest you proceed to the Vodacom store immidiately on your right as your enter the main arrivals hall at OR Tambo airport where the sales people can sell you airtime and show you how to convert airtime into data bundles ( dial *111#). Vodacom is the largest network in south Africa ( double the size almost of MTN) and has 3G coverage which will be useful for your Iphone. Cell C has a realtively smaller network and only offer gprs.How can I get a prepaid sim for my iPhone in south Africa?
You can go to any mall, walk to the nearest cell shop (we have MTN, Vodacom, CellC and Virgin) and ask them for exactly what you are looking for and they will be able to help you. It's also very cheap to get prepaid these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment